Monday, March 11, 2013

My Father's World - Ancient History and Literature - Illiad

As I've stated somewhere on here, probably many times, we're using My Father's World curriculum.  So far, we love it!  Our oldest and most challenging to teach son, N is a high schooler, 9th grade and he knows it all!  He loves video games, but not so much school.  I'm thankful he's a fast reader (and a very good one) so I don't have to deal with the pain of trying to get him to move it on reading something.

I've decided to write a short post on his most recent read The Illiad.  I decided I need a way to get him a little more interested in school and enjoy learning more.  He's mentioned on more than one occasion that he may want to do something called commentating - on video games!  So, I'm not sure how many people do this sort of thing, but a few do on You Tube.  I thought  it would be fun to have him "commentate" on each chapter he reads in the book.  I think this will help in many areas.  I will be sure that he's reading so he's able to the commentating, he'll get some fun out of a book he's saying "is annoying" and I'll learn about what he's reading.  I don't have time to sit and read all that he does, but I want to be able to carry on a conversation with him about more than just video games.  Praying this will work out.  We'll see. He needs many reminders!  Speaking of reminders, I need to write him one!  I'll have to post on here how he does.  So far he seems to enjoy the History the most.. not unusual with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My husband and I

My husband and I
Photo from our wedding day..long time ago!

Math a different way picture

Math a different way picture
Here is a picture of what Abby did for math a diferent way.