Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Father's World Kindergarten - Creation weeks





The two pictures here are a couple of math activities I set up for my littles.  The one with the legos Jojo did.  I had the legos sitting in a bowl.

The one with the colorful numbers and buttons our teeny tot did. I had the buttons in a bowl too.

I just set it up and let them go to work!
The picture of the blue and purple items and containers is from teeny tots workboxes.  She loved this activity and I threw it together in like 5 min!
 The next two pictures are from their workboxes they were matching games for our creation unit.


This is a game I found and printed off.  But instead of using it as just a puzzle I put it in a file folder and then at then end of this I also added a dotted alphabet chart for tracing too. Joey like the individual letter tracing, but he didn't do the whole alphabet chart one!
  

The next pictures here with the trays and all of the letters was an activity I pulled together.  I grabbed a bunch of letters and then placed one alpha card in each of those black containers for them to sort. They had fun with this :)

The second picture is a good one of teeny finding the matching letters  :)
This is another one from that same activity, but a close up of Joey sorting.
The next two pictures are a math activity I set out.  They love these unifix cubes!  This one was done by Joey.



The next two pictures are Joey coloring in his number three from day three.  
Our snack for this day.. trees! Pieces of pears and pretzels.

Here they are using their math journals, cutting out number threes.  They love this kind of stuff!
Here is that alphabet file folder game I put together - after Joey traced the letters. There are matching lowercase cards so this is also a matching game.
Here is teeny tot trying our our new pattern blocks!  I love these blocks!..So do they  :)
This is an alphabet mat we have had for some time.  I pulled it out and then added a bunch of letters we had reviewed up to this day.  They both gave this one a try.

Here is Joseph's calendar journal page.  We do this stuff on our big calendar and morning board, then they have a sheet like this they fill in.  Joey usually does one each day.  Teeny - depends on what she chooses.
This is an idea I came up with after some searching on pinterest.  I had this left of soft baby block, a couple of spots had plastic, but the rest didn't.  I added them using contact paper and the sewing squares on.  Now I can put in what ever I like - shapes, colors, numbers, letters..etc.  They roll the die, color in the shape (or whatever I put in).  This was not a big hit..yet!  :)  I may add stickers..or markers.. they love markers  :)
The next photos are two activities I set out, the one I mentioned earlier, the other is a creation game I had found on a site and thought it was a great idea!  I have actually had this idea for a year or more.. but until this year I hadn't put it together. They both liked this one too!  The next photo is Joey almost finished with it and Teeny using our alpha match. The next picture is a close-up of the creation game.  The person who created this used a shoe box, I didn't have one, but I did have a tissue box, so I cut the top in the corners, and glued them down inside the box (more stability).


The next picture here is them playing with playdough.. I did have playdought mats I have printed off from several places including: homeschool creations and mamasmonkeys.  I also had alphabet cookie cutters our..plus a few other tools.  :)
Here is a picture of two more activities I put our this week.  The activity on the left side (Teeny's desk) is unifix block pattern cards.  At the end there are four white spaces - meant for the child to continue the pattern - both of my littles used four white ones.  I explained what to do.. next time I won't include any white ones!  The activity next to this is a salt box.  They choose an alpha card and write the letter with there fingers.  They weren't into this activity this way, but another day I made salt boxes from pencil boxes and gave them non sharpened pencils.. loved it!
Here is teeny making patterns  :)


This is a picture of our morning board shortly after we started this school year.  I've moved it around a lot, added some things and took away somethings.  It flows better the new way..and I think it looks less jumbled too.








So this was some pictures from our creation week. Not as many creation pictures as other pictures.  They didn't love creation weeks.. they enjoyed Sun and Moon more.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My husband and I

My husband and I
Photo from our wedding day..long time ago!

Math a different way picture

Math a different way picture
Here is a picture of what Abby did for math a diferent way.