Sunday, July 12, 2015

My Father's World and Sonlight

It's been several months since my last post!  We have gone through our school year and made some changes along the way.
 I began our school year with all children using Sonlight.  We were using Sonlight core A for the younger two and Core 100 for the older two.  Shortly after we began, about a month or so, I switched my daughter, now 15 to core D+E.  It was a better choice for her at that time because of the reading selections.  I wanted her to enjoy history, as much as she could.
Then after giving Core A a good try.. several months, I had to stop using it.  The ages listed for core A are 5-7.  I discovered after we were already using it that many said that the oldest age listed is the best age for that core to be used.  I spent so much time praying and searching... then February arrived.  My little guy -6 yrs. old - who did not, at the time we were using MFW K (last school year), seem to be able to learn to read phonetically.  Well, this past February I realized we had just begun too young for him.  So, back to MFW K we went.  We weren't using it the way it was set up for each day because he didn't need all of that.  I chose to still continue with the "themes" for each letter, but I printed off lapbook components and glued them into a composition note that I titled "science notebook".  I'm going to try to go through and make sure I have pictures and posts for each theme.  We will be going through K again this school year with child number four! She was our teeny tot, but since she's four now and we have another "tot" on the way.. her new nick name is Busy bee.  :)
I do plan to continue using Sonlight for my current high schooler.  The oldest is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My husband and I

My husband and I
Photo from our wedding day..long time ago!

Math a different way picture

Math a different way picture
Here is a picture of what Abby did for math a diferent way.