Sunday, July 12, 2015

My Father's World Kindergarten S is for Sun and space unit

S is for Sun


S is for SUN! Here was a box I filled with S things! So they children could see that there are so many things beginning with /s/.  I of course put in several letter "s" in different sizes and textures.  I had a couple of words from this thing I had so I put them in too.

 Here are some pictures of our workboxes for the day.
 The first box is our calendar/weather page. The next box letter "s" and wikki stix.
 Here showing boxes 3 and 4.  3 is a worksheet from MFW.  Color the /s/ pictures. The next box is part of the math lesson in the next box.  Sorting objects that are the same or different. The book is the Singapore Kindergarten Essentials A workbook. J loved this book! Actually so did K!
  
Here are boxes 5 and 6.  5 is the Kindergarten Essentials workbook and some crayons for doing the worksheet.  Box 6 was a planet memory match type of game.

Had to throw this picture in.  This was from our first day of Kindergarten.. I took about 5 or 6 of him, he was in such a goofy mood.  :)
Here is J coloring in his /s/ pictures.  
Here is K playing with a "game" I created.  Matching /s/ items.

This is a close up of the game.

TH
This was another math activity/lesson from the Singapore Kindergarten Essentials A.  I had these items all mixed up in his workbox.  He had to sort by color for this one.
This is a picture of our grapes for the raisin experiment.  This was interesting because I left them on the window sill. It took a very long time. It would have worked much better doing this outside. The second time around with Kindergarten I will set them up outside some place.  I was concerned about ants.

Here is K gluing her pieces of sun down.

 J working on gluing his sun pieces down.
 J's finished sun! He enjoyed this activity!
 This is a picture he drew for day one of the grapes.
 Here is K's finished sun! :)
 Cuisinaire Rod day for letter S.  Both of them working hard to build their pictures.
 Here is J carefully placing his rods to make an "s".
K busy building with hers.


 
Here is J the day we made our badge.  He was off on a road trip with daddy.  I thought it would be more fun for them if  they could wear their badges around their necks.  :) I also hung a badge on the wall, but not in necklace form.

 

 
Using glitter watercolor paints! I thought this would be fun with our S and M units.  They look really nice when done and they do sparkle!

                                                              
                                                              Good bye sun unit....




sun found here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamstime.com%2Froyalty-free-stock-photo-sun-cartoon-character-image28524315&ei=aM-iVePAM4vv-AHEyKTQAw&bvm=bv.97653015,d.cWw&psig=AFQjCNFtoy5ly7drCGBQY2YD30xXEI_2GQ&ust=1436819689426171

No comments:

Post a Comment

My husband and I

My husband and I
Photo from our wedding day..long time ago!

Math a different way picture

Math a different way picture
Here is a picture of what Abby did for math a diferent way.